1) “I’m getting emails stating that my payment is late but I have an automatic payment plan.”
- If you see the word 'Late' under the status, review your account to verify your payment method was successful and received. If it was processed as expected, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If your payment method failed and it has been more than 3 days since your scheduled payment you will need to login to make the payment towards the plan. The payment will not process automatically. As per policy, if the payment does not process in 3 days, you will be charged a late fee.
- If you see the word 'Unpaid' under the status the payments are not scheduled to process automatically. You will need to login to make the payment towards the plan. After you make the current payment, you should schedule future automatic payments by following these steps:
a)Click on the 'Payment Plans' button on the top blue bar. It will show the remaining installments, as well as payment information for each
b)The last column titled 'Action', will have a gear button, , which has an option that will allow you to schedule a payment method for the installment
c) During this process you will be able to choose the saved payment method
*If the payment is not received within 3 days of the scheduled installment, you may be charged a late fee*
- If you see the word 'Scheduled' under status and it is past the payment date, review your account to verify your payment method was successful and received. If it was processed as expected, send an email to email@example.com. If your payment method failed and it has been more than 3 days since your scheduled payment you will need to login to make the payment towards the plan. Failure to make payment within 3 days of the schedules installment may result in a late fee being charged. The payment will not process automatically.
2) "There is a separate balance that doesn’t seem to be included in my payment plan."
Some charges such as late payment and returned check fees cannot be included in a payment plan, and must be paid separately. You can make a payment for these charges by clicking the 'Charges not included in the plan' link on the TouchNet homepage. If you are unsure about the due date for these charges, please contact the Office of Bursar.
3) "My card is not working to make a payment."
Please verify that you entered the card information correctly including the CVV code, expiration date and the address the card is associated with. If any of the information is incorrect, the transaction may decline. If you have verified the information is correct, first check with your financial institution to confirm they will authorize the transaction. There may be a security feature on the card preventing the transaction from processing because it is online and/or above a certain amount. If the financial institution confirms that the transaction should go through, please send a screenshot of the error you receive to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4)"I received an email stating that my payment plan has changed, but I did not authorize any changes."
The reason for the change may be recent charges and/or credits applied to your account. If your total balance increases or decreases, the payment plan will automatically adjust to account for this. If your payment date is scheduled within 14 days of the change, the adjustment will be reflected in the next months payment amount. To check for new charges/credits, please go to 'Account Activity' in TouchNet. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.